¼ c. + 2 tbs. applesauce
2 tbs. coconut oil
1/2c. brown sugar
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 ½ tbs. cacao powder
¾ c. whole wheat flour
¾ c. oat flour
1-2 tbs. water (depending on how dry your dough is)
100 g. chopped dark chocolate
A bowl and electric hand beaters will work fine for this recipe, but you could also use a stand mixer.
1. Add the egg, applesauce, and coconut oil to the bowl and beat till combined.
2. Add the sugar to the bowl and beat till smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients one at a time mixing as you go.
4. If the dough is a bit dry add a tablespoon or two of water.
5. Stir the chopped chocolate in by hand.
6. Form the dough into balls by hand and put them on a cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into discs.
7. Bake at 350 F for 9-10 minutes.